Latter-Day Saint Young Women Blog

Want to know what's new on the LDS-YW website? Want detailed instructions on how to make crafts for YW? Want links to leader resources and fun, fresh, new activity ideas? Then you've come to the right place!

This blog is not produced, endorsed, or approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Thursday

God and Growth

I read this morning on a friend's blog that - God cares more about our growth than our comfort.  It took me a minute to really understand what she meant.  Once I realized it - WOW!  What a powerful and true statement.

Let me share one personal experience that this applies to SO much with me.  I stutter.  Most people know this.  I am not comfortable reading a scripture in Gospel Doctrine class - or any class for that matter.  I remember being a teenager and literally leaving a class if - part of the lesson - we were going around the room each taking a turn reading a scripture.  Really!  I would "go to the bathroom" or whatever I could think of to get out of this.

As I grew up and spoke in Sacrament Meeting more often, I came to this profound realization - although I could never put words to explain my experience until this morning.  God cares more about our growth than our comfort.  And turning weaknesses into strengths - you better believe it.  I give great talks, devotionals, and firesides.  This is because I had to do hard things and I grew because of them.  And outgrew my weaknesses by leaving my comfort zone.  I still stutter, but I don't let this hold me back.

Now I actually love speaking in Sacrament Meeting.  I love giving prayers in class.  I still am not too keen on reading scriptures in a class, but if called upon, I will. (Reading tends to really emphasis a stutter - I do not read any talk I am giving.  I simply memorize it, and look at reminder notes).

I do know that God cares more about our growth than our comfort.  I live this statement daily.  What a wonderful blessing it is to know this and to know I am growing because of my trials.




post signature






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...