Latter-Day Saint Young Women Blog

Want to know what's new on the LDS-YW website? Want detailed instructions on how to make crafts for YW? Want links to leader resources and fun, fresh, new activity ideas? Then you've come to the right place!

This blog is not produced, endorsed, or approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Tuesday

HELP for Moore, OK Tornado Victims

I am collecting items and money for the people in Moore, Oklahoma who lost everything in the tornado that hit there on Monday, May 20, 2013.  I have family & friends there - who will deliver items personally to those who are in need.  Please use the DONATE button below to donate money.  Every penny donated will be used for this cause.

(The Donation Account is HACKING ADVENTURES)

Since this is an urgent matter - I will be accepting donations until Saturday, May 25, 2013.  The items will arrive next week.

You can donate money which will be used to purchase items for them - items better bought on scene like bottled water, big blankets, etc... If you are able to donate items, and can either hand deliver them to me, or ship them, please do.


If you are in Central Utah - please bring your donations to me.

If you are able to ship them today, they will get to me by Saturday.  Ship items to:

Vickie Hacking
931 E 1960 N
Lehi, UT  84043

These people have lost everything so everything is needed - food, clothing, toiletries, games for the kids, blankets, shoes, etc...

*Please do not bring HEAVY, BIG items to me.  Those are better bought on location in Oklahoma since they are difficult and costly to ship.



We have the power to do something.  Please help any way you can.  Please share with others this cause and lets get these families the help they are in desperate need of.

Thank you for your generous donations.  They will bless MANY lives!!


(The Donation Account is HACKING ADVENTURES)



post signature

7 comments:

  1. My brother lives in Moore too. He is currently overseas with the air force, but his family is there. Thankfully they are ok as is their home, but the subdivision they live in was hit hard. I will be collecting from friends and family here in Spanish Fork and will bring what I get to you Saturday. Thank you so much for doing this! If there is any other help I can give you please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there any certain time that is better for you for me to drop off the stuff I have to you?

      Delete
    2. Anytime today is great. If we're not home, you can leave the items on my porch. Thank you so much, Jen!

      Delete
  2. I have some blankets I could drop off. When are you shipping them off on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica - I am actually shipping the items off first thing Tuesday (May 28). So, anytime today you can drop them off. Thank you so much! If we're not home, you can leave them on the porch.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...