Latter-Day Saint Young Women Blog
Want to know what's new on the LDS-YW website? Want detailed instructions on how to make crafts for YW? Want links to leader resources and fun, fresh, new activity ideas? Then you've come to the right place!
This blog is not produced, endorsed, or approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Temple Block - Stand ye in Holy Places
What a perfect activity for your YW - now, or for New Beginnings, Girls Camp, or even Young Women in Excellence! Also - makes a great gift!
Here is how to make your temple block.
1. Order the KIT (which includes the fabric sticker & the wood block) from the LDS-YW website, here. Or, you can order it from We Cut Vinyl, here.
2. Sand the wood block so it's nice and smooth (it comes unsanded and unpainted).
3. Paint wood block. We painted ours black, but I think a dark red would look nice, too
4. Let paint dry.
5. Apply temple fabric sticker onto painted wood block. Simply peel and stick. Be sure to push down and stick really well to the wood.
6. Finish with a layer of Mod Podge.
Now you have a beautiful piece that looks stunning!