Latter-Day Saint Young Women Blog

Want to know what's new on the LDS-YW website? Want detailed instructions on how to make crafts for YW? Want links to leader resources and fun, fresh, new activity ideas? Then you've come to the right place!

This blog is not produced, endorsed, or approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday

General Relief Society Meeting - 2012

 The view from our seats in the "Terrace"

The General Relief Society Meeting was fabulous.  Hearing from the newly called RS General Presidency was fun.  I am one of those people who actually enjoy change.  Oh - I will miss Julie Beck tremendously!!  But I'm excited for what will come with this new presidency.
A fun picture I tried - took thru binoculars

I took my 17 year old daughter up to the broadcast in the Conference Center.  She is still in young women, will be 18 in November - and plans to stay in YW until she graduates, but I figured - it wouldn't hurt.  She loved it.  While I was there - seeing how much my daughter enjoyed herself - I thought - wouldn't this be a fun tradition (if you are in or close to Utah) to take your Laurels to the broadcast each year?  Spend the day in Salt Lake with them.  Wonder around the city, and temple square.  We didn't have tickets.  We went stand-by ... sort of.  We went and stood on the corner of the Conference Center and someone came and asked if we needed tickets - and gave us some.    I have gone stand-by every other year and have always gotten in - to the YW broadcast, too.  So, taking your Laurels (especially the ones who are Seniors) would be a fun way to introduce them to RS in a totally fun day in Salt Lake, and in the presence of the Prophet.
My daughter and I at the broadcast

You can listen or watch the broadcast again - or for the first time - HERE.

We are all members of the Relief Society - just on special assignment to serve elsewhere.



post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...