Latter-Day Saint Young Women Blog

Want to know what's new on the LDS-YW website? Want detailed instructions on how to make crafts for YW? Want links to leader resources and fun, fresh, new activity ideas? Then you've come to the right place!

This blog is not produced, endorsed, or approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Thursday

Why I do What I do

I get asked quite often why I do what I do - talking about my YW website and the products I create and sell for my livelihood.  I have several reasons - the first one being is that I simply LOVE the YW program.  Another is it provides income for my family.  But another reason, which is a little more personal, is I do it because I feel very inspired and guided in many of the things I create.


I have been wanting to do a drawstring backpack for this year's mutual theme.  I hadn't really done it because of lack of time. About 2 weeks ago, I was thinking about it again.  That same afternnoon I got an email from a YW leader in Florida looking for something to give her girls at Girls Camp (which is next week).  She told me it was too bad I didn't sell "those drawstring backpacks that are so popular".  I sort of got choked up because I was just thinking about making some of those.  I quickly jumped into action - first because I thought "well, I've got a buyer, now if only I had the product".  I searched the internet to find somewhere to have these made.  I ended up contacting a company here in Utah I have had contact with in the past and got some ordered.   I let her know I had some coming and she placed her order for 18 of them.  The next day this is what I received from her via email:
"OK I will order 18 and just have someone stop by my house to pick them up while we are at Camp. I'll use them for an end of the week goodie.  I am taking a group of "inner-city" girls  (8-9 of the group) who are so appreciative of any and everything.  This will be over the top for them. For some, it will probably be the best back pack they have and they will use it for school.
It is amazing how different it is to prepare for girls who have very little, but have an abundance of the spirit. They teach me so much.
So excited.
Shauna H., FL

That my friends, is why I do what I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...