Latter-Day Saint Young Women Blog

Want to know what's new on the LDS-YW website? Want detailed instructions on how to make crafts for YW? Want links to leader resources and fun, fresh, new activity ideas? Then you've come to the right place!

This blog is not produced, endorsed, or approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday

YW Leader Workshop??

I have had a thought lingering in my mind for a long time now - probably about a year.  I've wanted to have a YW Leader workshop for YW leaders where there are classes, and you rotate thru every 40 minutes or so.  I would have classes on class activities, girls camp, leadership training, etc....  I would have to charge, maybe $5, to attend so we could make copies of the class information, have refreshments, things like that.

Initially I am thinking to have 3 rotations.  You can choose 3 classes to attend.  Each time slot would have maybe 3 class options (depending on the number of women who sign up).

As a YW Leader - would you attend this?  If you live out of state (outside of Central Utah) - would you be interested in traveling to attend this?

I really would like your thoughts on this.  I would have to have at least 100 women attend to make it worth while.  Please leave a comment if you would attend something like this - and leave suggestions for class ideas you would like to see taught - and if you are an expert (or at least attempting to be) in something you would be willing to teach at this workshop.

Thank you so much!!!

8 comments:

  1. I don't intend this to be negative or nasty, but isn't that why we have stake YW leaders? (No, I am not a stake leader, but we just had an EXCELLENT stake auxilliary leadership meeting which covered a lot of important ground.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to something like that. I feel like just getting together and sharing ideas, etc. could open my eyes to a lot of things we've never thought of in our ward or stake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - totally agree. This is exactly what I am aiming for!

      Delete
  3. I agree that this is a lot like a stake training. It would be nice to share ideas and visit, but a lot of those things are found online, and as YW Pres., my hours are pretty limited already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This workshop would be different than stake training. With a person actually teaching it - you get personal feedback and experience (from the teacher and the class members), and they are so much fun. Look at it like a Time Out For Women, or BYU's Women's Conference type of thing. Then you'll know what I want to accomplish with the YW Leader Workshop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would be interested! I live in Idaho falls tho so I would have to see about schedualing time to go :) but sound sgreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Downey, ID and would be interested in commuting, if I had enough notice to plan. Been in 1 1/2 years and still in need of ideas. A comunication/deligation class would be great. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion. I am keeping them all and will see what I can do.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...