I made this for my teenagers bathroom. Isn't it just adorable?!!? This would make a perfect craft for class activities - or even at Girls Camp. These also make great GIFTS for leaders!
This craft is one of my favorites to give as a gift. So easy, but so adorable - and affordable. And you can do so many different designs with this concept.
How to make your Custom Vinyl Decal soap dispenser:
1. VINYL DECAL - FIRST THING - you will need the vinyl lettering decal. You can get this design on our website: LDS-YW. I used a 2.5" decal (order the 3" size, and after vinyl color choice type in 2.5"). BUT - you will need to order the size you need for whichever soap dispenser you get.
2. SOAP - You will need a liquid soap dispenser. You can buy these for under $1 at most stores. I like to buy ones that have fun shapes - and good smelling soaps.
3. REMOVE - Remove labels on front and back.
4. If the label leaves adhesive on the bottle, use WD40 to remove it, then wash outside of bottle with warm soapy water to remove the greasy feel from the WD40. Dry off well.
5. TAPE - Put tape on the dispenser part to protect it while painting.
6. PAINT PRIMER - Spray paint the bottle with a spray paint PRIMER made for plastic items. 2 LIGHT coats is *WAY* better than one heavy coat!! Let dry about 10-20 minutes (until it is not sticky to the touch).
7. PAINT COLOR - Lightly spray with desired spray paint color. I used black on these. Remember - LIGHT coats are best. Be sure to hold spray can about 10-12 inches away from soap bottle when spraying and keep the can moving from side to side. Be sure to cover soap bottle completely with paint.
8. DRY - Allow first LIGHT coat to dry 10-20 minutes.
9. SECOND COAT OF PAINT - Lightly spray again being sure to cover bottle completely. This will probably be the last coat of paint you will need. If you need one more coat of paint, let 2nd coat dry before spraying again.
10. APPLY VINYL - When completely dry - at least 15-30 minutes in a warm room - apply vinyl lettering to bottle.
11. That's it. Enjoy!
Order this decal here.