Latter-Day Saint Young Women Blog
Want to know what's new on the LDS-YW website? Want detailed instructions on how to make crafts for YW? Want links to leader resources and fun, fresh, new activity ideas? Then you've come to the right place!
This blog is not produced, endorsed, or approved by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Young Women Value Blocks
Here's how to make them:
1. Order the vinyl and/or the KIT (includes blocks) from our LDS-YW website, here. We used the vinyl color - lipstick. (Blocks come unsanded and unpainted)
2. Sand your blocks nice and smooth, rounding the edges. We used a palm sander - so much easier!
3. Paint your blocks (we used white paint. We also made a set using black paint, and they are awesome, too).
4. Let paint dry. When paint is dry, lightly sand blocks again, sanding more around the edges, so it gives it a roughed up look.
5. Apply vinyl lettering - one value per side of block. Make sure vinyl is securely pressed on wood all around.
6. Stain blocks/vinyl (wear rubber gloves). Wipe off excess stain with a paper towel. We used a medium tint stain. Let dry.
7. Apply a THIN layer of mod podge over vinyl lettering (DO NOT mod podge the tops/bottoms of the blocks or else they will stick to each other). Let dry.
8. All done!
9. Display on a table during YW opening exercises, or on an end table at home. Beautiful!